Thursday, May 19, 2011

Braid Out Success

Hi Beauties!!!

I talked about in my previous blog, wanting to do some twists in my hair. But after hour upon hour of trying, I just could not get them done to my satisfaction. So I decided to do a braid out instead. Now, if you know me at all, you know that I have never really been fond braid outs or twist outs, but I figured I would try one more time.
I have been all over the natural hair network looking for tips and ideas for a successful braid out and twist out. And guess what… it turned out great!!! So let me tell you how I did it!
I took my already stretched out hair (from the bun I wore in the previous post) and sectioned it into 7 sections. On each section, I used some Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment Cream, followed by tea tree oil and a tad bit of Olive Oil Smooth-N-Hold Pudding for a little bit of hold. I also dampened my hair with a tad bit of Shea Moisture hold & Shine Mist. I braided each section keeping in mind the way I wanted it to fall when I unbraided them. After I braided the braids all the way down, I twisted the ends so that they would curl up.  The braids looked like this:

After I was done, my hair was a little damp (like I wanted it), so I sat under the hair dryer (medium heat) for about 20 minutes. Then I put my scarf and trusty bonnet on, and went to bed. When I woke up, my hair looked like this:

Please excuse my just woke up, rough looking face :)
After getting dressed, putting on make up, and making myself presentable, I unbraided the braids. It turned out wonderfully! So the braid out will definitely go my list of favorite protective styles.


Love you guys!

~Elle


No comments: